Monday, April 13, 2009

OUR FAMILY EASTER ADVENTURES

Here are the pictures first and then the story is at the bottom of the page! Hope you all enjoy.
This is a picture of all Thirteen grand kids with there Great Grandpa Hunt. This was the best of Five taken.











Grandpa Hunt was making a few swings to hang from the tree for the kids to swing on.







This year for Easter we decided to head for Kanab. We arrived at my parents house around 6:30 Friday night. The kids were so excited to finally be and Grandma and Grandpas Hunts house and see all of their cousins. There is thirteen grand kids in all, out of the thirteen there are only two little girls. My brother Ryan has the one and my sister Raelene has the other one. The first night in town Robert and I decided to go see some old friends of mine who I haven't seen in forever. It was a lot of fun to just hang out and catch up. We also drove by my parents old house which was really weird to see, its crazy to think of someone else living in the house I grew up in. We got back to my parents house around 11:30 that night and then stayed up much later and visited with everyone. All the kids slept on the living room floor in sleeping bags. You could not walk with out stepping on one of the kids they were every were! After everyone went to bed all you could hear were the kids giggling and playing it was really cute and they had so much fun. The following day was Saturday. We all got up and had a huge breakfast. At this point the sun was out but it had rained that night. We all got ready for the day and cleaned up the living room. During this time it decided to start raining so our plans for the day changed rather quickly. We were suppose to go to the mountains for a cookout, instead we cooked Hot Dogs on the grill out back. When the sun broke free later that afternoon Raelene and I went and hide all the Easter eggs for the kids. After finding all the eggs and candy Ryan set up the egg coloring table. It turned out so good. I do believe there was only one spill, which Taylor caused trying to hurry and get his egg in first. I think at one point or another everyone had taken a nap minus the kids of course. After everything was done Ryan, Raelene, and I went out to play catch with the football. I noticed a rainbow and had to get a picture so Taylor took over for me while I took a picture of it. Later that night Carson my little baby started to breath really funny we just thought he was coming down with a cold. Well about 1:00 in the morning we found out differently. Robert and I got up got dressed and headed for the Hospital. By the time we arrived he sounded so bad . We got checked in and waited for the doctor to arrive. They checked his oxygen and his lungs. Everything was really good. No fever, no congestion, no ear infection, and his lungs were clear. We were told he had croup settle in his larynx, which I did not know could happen. They gave him a breathing treatment and a steroid shot in the leg. He did not even cry or react when they gave him the shot we were all really surprised! They sent us home and he has been getting better every day since. Sunday was the following day and we had family breackfast again. Sunday was such a beautiful day the sun was out and it was really warm. We had dutch oven potatoes and grilled hamburgers for lunch. Finally we left Kanab around 3:30 cause we had to be in Saint George by 5:00 for dinner at Roberts Mammies house. The boys had another Easter Egg Hunt and more food! This was a really special visit to Mammies cause the boys got to meet their Great Great Grandma. She was so sweet and it was really nice to meet her. When we got ready to leave Mammies, Grandma Albert's gave the boys their Easter Gifts. We got the movie Bedtime Stories. We sat down and watched it as a family when we got home. The kids loved it and we all laughed a lot. This was a very long and fun and stressful holiday. The kids are all doing good now and I am so glad to be home in my own bed and just relax. I cant wait for the next holiday and family get together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a busy but fun time with your family. You look really pretty Holli. I like your hair it looks really nice on you. You are also so creative with your pictures. I love Easter. It is such a special time. Love ya, Shan

Trinity said...

I love all the pictures. I'm glad everything was ok with Carson. That can be so scary.

Brandy said...

I love those pictures! It looks like you guys had so much fun. That's awesome you were playing right along with the kids and having so much fun!

Raelene said...

I Love the picture of you throwing the football! I also really like your family picures. I think they turned out so good! The one in the tree is my favorite!