Well we had our annual Hunt Family Reunion and it was just as fun as ever. This year we had it up on the Kaibab, which is in Arizona. Robert and I decided to take the new RV, the tent trailer for my sis and the horses. I drove the RV and Tent trailer while Robert had the truck and horse trailer. We left Friday afternoon for the three hour drive. On the way was a adventure in its self!! Robert blew a tire about two miles outside of cedar. I overheated in the RV and waited for Robert at the tourqorville exit for almost a hour, not knowing he had a flat. I finally decided to try and find him. If I had only waited 10 more minutes He would have shown up. We finally found each other and headed out again. It was 112* outside and I was driving with the heater on the whole way!!! I had Taylor putting Ice in rags and on my feet and neck. We drank all of our water before we even made to the mountains LOL!! When we did make it I went to turn on the road were everyone was at and drug the tent trailer into the ground. Luckily my Dad happened to be right behind me (which I did not know) and dug me out. Once I was out the RV died and did not restart again for almost 20 mins. So my mom and I hung out in the middle of the road just chatting, what else were we to do ? I finally made it to camp and got everything set up and it was time to relax!!! We all sat around the bomb fire , it had to be big enough for us all to fit. All the kids had green glow stick so the forest was very well lite up and no one had to wonder were their kids were. I think we all went to bed around 11:00 it had been along day. Saturday we did a huge pot luck and played lots of fun games. Taylor built a lean-to for a scout badge and slept in it all alone all night. I think there was like fifteen dogs running around so there was nothing to worry about. I woke him up bright and early so I could get a picture of him inside of it.
We Got My brother -in- law BJ to try and go for a horse back ride with Robert but he got bucked off the horse. So we put him on my horse and he couldnt get his dirt bike boots into the stirrups so he was done LOL. Robert and I went ahead and went for a ride. while on our ride both my front and back cinches broke while running up a hill!!! To say the least I did not make it to the top with my horse LOL!!! I went flying off with the saddle. I hit the ground so hard it knocked the air right out of me! Yes It hurt ALOT!! We were able to fix the saddle and continue on our ride. It was so pretty and alot of fun. Later that evening we took the kids for little rides and they loved it. Some of my cousins kids wanted to sit on our horses so we let them. My nephew couldnt stop talking about it for the rest of the day.
This set of pictures is of the whole camp which I still did not get it all in it. We camped on the other side of the road cause of the horse. I took A long distance shot of our set up. Well the adventure is still not over. We packed up early Sunday morning and headed for home. On our way My sis Realene and her hubby BJ had a blow out on their trailer so they had to pull over and fix it while I went on ahead to my Moms house. we decided to leave the RV and tent trailer there and come back the next weekend to fix it. While there Taylor and Mike decided they wanted to stay for the week. So we unloaded all of there stuff and then headed for home. We decided to go up over Cedar Mountain and it was so nice. We stopped at Navajo lake and walked the horses down to the waters edge. They ate and drank for awhile and then we were off again. We got about two miles outside of Cedar and blew another tire on the same side of the horse trailer as earlier. The first one was the rear tire and then it was the front. Being Sunday no one was open!! We dropped the trailer and horses with me and the kids at the auction yard while Robert went to find a tire. The whole time he was gone it sprinkled but it was nice and cool. The horses were in a pin so I feed and watered them while I waited. Robert got back but had no tire so we dropped the spare off the truck and luckily it fit. Of course once we started to change the tire it began to down poor!! Just our luck right I wouldn't expect anything less LOL. We FINALLY made it home at like nine that night. Unloaded the horses and just went to bed and did the rest in the morning. Well that's about it I hope you enjoyed our adventure cause we did and now we can just sit back and laugh about it all. It also makes for a great story.




No comments:
Post a Comment